Sunday, November 4, 2012

While I Was Gone

I know, I know. I've been away for a very very long as I've been busy with school and Dinoseoul (I'm writing there). So I'm gonna try updating on some significant events that I actually remember.

30th September: Keane Strangeland Concert
I've never been a super big fan of Keane or anything but I got free tickets so why not right? And am I glad that I went! The atmosphere wasn't quite like any other concert I have been to... it was pretty chill. I was especially awed by Tom Chaplin's amazing vocals - he sounds exactly the same as he does on the record! And I did take a slight liking to pianist Tim Rice-Oxley. Hehe.


11th October: Brian Joo Up-Close and Personal Concert
Again, I got free tickets for this - all thanks to Rachy! I think in K-pop now, solo artistes are often overshadowed by idol groups and Brian Joo is one of them. He is an awesome vocalist, he can dance, he speaks fluent and American-accented English (oh yes me gusta) and he is genuine. The concert literally brought fans 'closer' to Brian as the setting in Butter Factory was a really intimate one. Although I wasn't familiar with most of his songs, I still enjoyed it a lot - I really love 'Domino' and 'Let It Die'.


Oh and because of Rachy, again, I got to go up and snap a picture with the man himself! It was funny though, when I had to tell him that my name was Rachel so he'd write her name on the poster. Haha!


27th October: Recording
The Poly bunch met up for audio and video recording of 'Starships'. The video recording was a failure though and we ended up, uhm, camwhoring. What's new? That said, I'm sure we will be more productive the next time we meet for filming.. I think.

Don't ask me what I was doing.


31st October: Halloween/Skyfall Preview
So Chapman students had the privilege of catching Skyfall more it premiered in Singapore! I'm not going to spoil it for anyone but it actually might be the best Bond movie to date! Love it when the antagonist is batshit crazy.
And because it was also Halloween, I dressed up as Bond!

No I'm not that light.

2nd November: 2NE1 Fan Gathering
So my favourite K-pop girl group had a guerrilla showcase in Singapore, which was a big big thing since things like that are rarely held in Singapore, what more a K-pop group? The squeezing from the audience was horrible and there was this inconsiderate girl in the second row standing on a freaking stool but other than that it was fun and amazing... partly because it was free. Haha! Nevertheless, I still managed to take awesome photos!

My personal favourite :)

Check out the rest of the photos here and Rachy's write-up here.

3rd November: Melodi's Birthday Celebration
And then our dear Mel turned 20! Her parents, the Poly bunch and Cally held a surprise for her and I didn't know if she cried because she was shocked by my face or if she was touched. But either way, I'm glad the surprise was a success! Thank you Mel's parents for having us (and to Mel's mum for cooking extra rice for me). I had a blast! Love you Mel!

No prizes if you guess where this is from.

Happy birthday girl! ^^


I'll try to re-visit this space as often as I can! I promise... I really do...

No comments: