Sunday, March 11, 2012

Grow Up and Be Kids


Watched Las Vegas-based rock band The Cab at TAB and they were amazing!

The Cab is made up of (from left to right in the above picture) - Joey Thunder (bass), Alex Marshall (keyboard and guitar), Alexander DeLeon (lead vocals). Dave Briggs (drums) and Frank Sidoris (lead guitar) tour with them. Unfortunately, the 8pm show in Singapore was the last gig Frank would play with The Cab. On a brighter note, it was because he has been invited to play with guitar legend, Slash! Yes he has mad skills. It got pretty emotional on stage and it was pretty touching seeing their bromance. Haha!

Group picture before the concert with my cousin Brenda and company. 

They started off the set with one of my favourites from them - Angel With a Shotgun. Let's just say that they totally exceeded my expectations. I expected them to be kinda tired since they had a show before that but no, the energy exuding from them on stage totally blew me away and saying that they rocked the venue would be an understatement. Because it was their last show of the whole tour, they performed a few extra songs including a stripped down a capella version of Her Love is My Religion, to which Alexander quipped that it is his favourite song off their second record, after thanking the fans for requesting him to perform that.




Alexander DeLeon

Alex Marshall

Joey Thunder. Although you can barely see him.


Most of the the songs they played came from their second album, Symphony Soldier, including tracks like Bad, Temporary Bliss, La La, Another Me and Endlessly, which happens to be my favourite song from them.


Ending their set with Bounce from their first album, Whisper War, they got everyone...well, bouncing along. I was reluctant to go, since they were really good live and I had quite a lot of fun.


After the show, the members stayed back for awhile and Alexander came back on stage to do some signing for the hoards of fangirls there.

I was too tired to be fighting with them so I gave it a pass. 

And that's Joey looking on affectionately. 

I would have stayed on and hung around in the hotel itself but we all weren't that hardcore fans of them so we just went to eat dinner. Lol. Doesn't matter though, since I got a memorabilia anyway.

That makes 4 artistes picks to my collection.

I'd be sure to get a picture with them the next time they come down though... Or more.

I foresee this to be my last gig in a really long time. Ahhh agony. 

All pictures taken by me with Canon 450D.

No comments: