Tuesday, June 18, 2013

No More Dream

This whole more-and-more-rookies phase just doesn't seem to die down, does it?

Not that I'm complaining though - more music, more eye-candy... But I was honestly disturbed when I read about how the youngest member of Pledis' new group, Seventeen, was 11 years old.

Ten years younger than me. No, just no. Sigh, or maybe I still can't really grasp the fact that I am becoming a noona fan. I don't wanna...

Anyways, almost half the year has passed, so I thought I'd write a piece about the rookie groups of this year but when I Googled 'K-pop rookies 2013', I see so many groups that I've never even heard of before. Uhm, nugu?? So I figured I'd just list a couple that I like.

PURE - I Still Love You



I don't know any of their names, nor do I know their ages. But I really really like the song! It reminds me of BTOB's 'Insane', which was a great debut song in my opinion too. I don't know, I guess you really can't go wrong with dance tracks with a piano intro. Also, coming from an entertainment company which is pretty much unknown, getting 1 million views on their music video is a great feat! 

HISTORY - Dreamer



I was really awed by this song. It's so choir-ish and from the MV it looked like there was no one person who dominated the track. Turns out I was really wrong though. Maknae Yi Jeong is totally dominant here and poor Si Hyoung only gets the narration and nothing else. How sad is that really?? I was also a little disappointed when watching the performances because I was actually expecting them to harmonize like in the original song, but they used a backing track. Meh. Was I expecting too much of rookies? Hahaha well but I still really adore the song and I really want to see more from them. 

BTS - No More Dream



This one definitely didn't disappoint though. What is the swaggerific awesomeness?! I really dig this. They're pretty much alike to Block B and B.A.P, so I hope that they can find their own style. That said, just like their album title, they really pull off the '2 cool 4 skool' vibe. Nice choreography too. Another type of debut that can't go wrong. 
P.S. Rap Monster is still such a bad name though.

I'm sorry (not really) that there aren't any girl groups in here because obviously if you're not SPICA I won't care about you. Nah I kid but it's normal that guy groups attract me more right LOL.

In other news, I just got my Samsung S4 and I'm really stoked about it. But I can't use it yet because I've gotta cut the SIM card lol first world pains. Once it's up I might or might not go crazy on Vine. Hehehehe.

Also, the haze is killing me. Sobs.

No comments: