Thursday, February 2, 2012

Temporary Bliss

Last week we celebrated one of my favourite holidays - Chinese New Year! It didn't feel like CNY to begin with to be honest since we had assignments due just after the two day break. Nevertheless, it was a good break and a good excuse for me to go around eating. And collecting angpaos. Heh. Not to mention that my bro and I won big time in Blackjack.

 Day 1.

Day 2. Hahaha my CNY outfits look like stuff that I usually wear...

Hahahaha my poor bro has to piggyback such a fat monkey.

 One of the rare full family photos. 

Cousins from my dad's side and my bro.



Part of the relatives from my mum's side. 

Dad and mum hehe.


My super adorable niece!

And in the middle of the Chinese New Year festivities (and lots of deadlines), we got together to celebrate our da jie, Rachel's birthday! ^^ After scares and some frustration, Cheryl and I managed to get the Poly bunch, with the exception of a few *insert sad face* to go to Sarang and surprise her there. It was really nice to get together with the whole bunch after all the madness. 

 Birthday girl! The cake was really nice, despite the fact that it was cheese...






 Being creepy since 1992.

The weekends were well-spent with the Poly bunch (again) at Jon's and Yiyun's place for steamboat and BBQ respectively - complete with great food, great company, dancing and lots of music. And Yiyun's mum's hospitality. And her shark's fin bone soup. Heh.



Too hungry.

Love this photo.

Guess who was winning big? That's Stef my lucky star sitting behind me. Hehe.



There's still one more weekend till Chinese New Year draws to a close but I guess I won't be celebrating it any longer. Sian no more angpaos. At least there's still bakkwa at home.

That's the least of my worries though - the major assignments (ATV and Scriptwriting) are due soon, and after that there's French Speaking Test, followed by one week of study break, and Media Law exam. I CAN DO THIS. And so can all of you, my Poly mates! Fighting! And may Feb 2012 be a great one!

No comments: