Wednesday, March 3, 2010

American Idol Season 9: Episode 18 (The Guys)

Okay I was really bored. Being a critic is fun. Reminds me of that day at Eudora's house where we criticized everyone LOL.

Michael Lynch - This Is A Man's World (James Brown)
Okay I've never heard this song before. I think he did okay, but not as fantastic as how the judges described it? I liked the last long note though. It was quite strong.

John Park - Gravity (John Mayer)
Darn the performance was so ordinary. He sung it so boring-ly (lol wtf). But credits to him though, it was better than last week. Halfway through the song he was kind of weak, I thought. In a nutshell, boring.

Casey James - I Don't Wanna Be (Gavin Degraw)
Yeah my favourite male contestant is up! Nice blue guitar and guitar solo at the beginning. But a little bit off when he started singing. Started getting better toward the middle. I loved the shredding at the end. The song suits him, could be a lead guitarist for a band, but probably not lead singer. And omg Kara is disappointed. So uncalled for LOL. What's with the 'dirt' comment?!

Alex Lambert - Everybody Knows (John Legends)
Ugh out of tune everywhere. Well he looks more comfortable. And better than last week. And shit the last note turned me off. It was so damn flat. But he does have a nice voice. Kudos to the improvement anyway.

Todrick Hall - What's Love Got To Do With It (Tina Turner)
He totally butchered the song omg. I totally hated his high notes. But the last note was okaaay. The song seriously wasn't suited for him. Improvisation is good but not too much. He should totally go back to his dance songs with his fancy dance moves.

Jermaine Sellers - What's Going On (Marvin Gaye)
He was doing too much yet again. Pushing those shrieky notes and the performance overall made me really uncomfortable. He couldn't pitch the notes at all. And his face...That's what I call self-indulgent. So arrogant and yeah let God decide whether you'll still be in next week. I'll pray to him that he fails you.

Andrew Garcia - You Give Me Something (James Morrison)
Kind of pitchy at the high notes. But much better than those who performed before him. But a mediocre performance for his standard. Disappointing performance yet again by the guy with a lot of potential.

Aaron Kelly - My Girl (The Temptations)
I thought it was quite a good performance omg. But I didn't like his last note. Haha he still reminds me of Aaron Carter. As the same as everyone he was better than last week. He seemed more comfortable and at ease. And lol at Ryan Seacrest's "Do you like Justin Bieber?"

Tim Urban - Come On Get Higher (Matt Nathanson)
I like his clear voice but he didn't put it to good use at all. The song choice was all right. And to agree with Randy, "it sounded very karaoke". Improvement from last week like all the rest yet again, if its any consolation. Much more room for improvement and he looks cute. LOL.

Lee Dewyze - Lips Of An Angel (Hinder)
Woo I love this song. No guitar this time. And crippled. The first verse was awkward and uncomfortable. It got better towards the chorus. Quite a good song choice for him. Needs more confidence. He looks scared always LOL.

Today's episode was boring, looking forward to the girls' performances. Hope Crystal Bowersox will still be in top form and playing her harmonica again. Looking forward to Didi Benami and the person who performed before her last week whose name I forgot. One more thing: I just hope Haeley Vaughn won't be wearing a tutu again.

No comments: