Thursday, March 4, 2010

American Idol Season 9: Episode 19 (The Girls)

After the guys' performance yesterday, I was looking forward to the girls' performance. And I see Crystal Bowersox on the show. Glad to see her back in good health. :)

Crystal Bowersox - Long As I Can See The Light (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
Damn she seriously rocks. Awesome song choice. She's there with her guitar again which she is so comfortable with. And yeah they are comparing to Kelly Clarkson. Hard to believe she was just lying in the hospital bed before this performance. Great start to the episode.

Haeley Vaughn - The Climb (Miley Cyrus)
Yay she is not wearing a tutu. I hated her rendition of my favourite Miley song. Pitchy to the max. I don't like her voice personally, too husky for me. Apparently Simon feels that she should go home next. Me too.

Lacey Brown - Kiss Me (Sixpence None the Richer)
Weird first note. But it got better towards the end. It wasn't awesome, but it was a good attempt. It fits her, Kara was quite right. Better than last week's performance. Ouch Simon compared her to Crystal, ouch. And I like her hair.

Katie Stevens - Put Your Records On (Corinne Bailey Rae)
A really comfortable performance for me. I liked it. But did she almost crack at the high note? An okay performance, not fantastic, but I liked it. And what's with Ryan Seacrest and Justin Bieber LOL. She didn't seem impressed with that HAHA, like Aaron Kelly.

Didi Benami - Lean On Me (Bill Withers)
Yeah Didi is up! But omg what' with the first verse? Out of tune! And shit she sang it like the notes were way too high. A soul song like that shouldn't go that high? Disappointed in the performance. She was disappointed too, almost crying. Poor thing. But still one of my favourites in this season.

Michelle Delamor - With Arms Wide Open (Creed)
I think she did fine. But kind of weird that she was singing a rock song at first but to be honest, I liked it. I don't know why it didn't work out for Randy. If she's gonna continue to sing these kind of songs I want her to stay.

Lilly Scott - A Change Is Gonna Come (Sam Cooke)
It was great! A little weak on the low notes but I liked it! I loved how she was so engrossed in the song and she totally nailed it! My favourite performance of the night so far.

Katelyn Epperly - The Scientist (Coldplay)
Ohhh one of my favourite Coldplay songs. I thought it was a little slow, didn't put me to sleep though. Good singing chops. I just love people who can play the piano and sing at the same time. And people who can play guitar. Lol.

Paige Miles - Walk Away (Kelly Clarkson)
I totally wow-ed at the high notes. And I love it when people are enjoying themselves on stage. Her personality is cool LOL. I liked it. She nailed it!

Siobhan Magnus - Think (Aretha Franklin)
Oh shit that note. Omg omg. That was so awesome! I loved that performance and it was my favourite performance so far in the season! And I agree with Kara, I can't get over that note. Officially my favourite female contestant in Season 9!

Strong opening, strong finish. Love how the producers lined them up. Haha. This episode didn't disappoint me, except for Didi I guess. Now this really shows that a girl deserves to win this season. But no worries about that, its not Singapore, where you'll get three guys in a row. *rolls eyes* And oh, bye Haeley! Please.

___________________________________________________

Starting my job tomorrow! Wish me all the best. Vivo's chicken sticks ftw! \m/!

No comments: