Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sing a Song For Singapore

Okay! So this blog post will be some music post. New songs, I suppose?

First, Singapore National Day Parade 2010 Theme Song: Sing a Song for Singapore by Corrinne May.



Corrinne May is an awesome singer. In my opinion, the song should have let her show off her vocal range more? Haha. The song seems too easy ah. Or maybe it is their intention to let Singaporeans sing along to it easily. But on second thought, the lyrics are not very easy to remember either. The song didn't really grow on me, I guess I have to listen to it a few more times. But well, seriously, the song is not bad! :D

I miss those old catchy NDP songs.
"There was a time, when people said that Singapore couldn't make it, but we did..."
"Stand up for Singapore, do the best we can!"
"One people, one nation, one Singapore."

And they should compose more songs like 'Home' and 'We Will Get There'. I really love those songs and never get tired of listening/singing along to them!
Anyway, I give this year's NDP theme song a 7/10 rating I guess. Lol. I don't like how they are making NDP theme songs sound so commercialized.
_______________________________________________

Secondly, an album: Stuck on Repeat by Stereo Skyline!

The whole album is so catchy! The first song in the album, Heartbeat is really awesome and fun to sing to. The following songs complete the album and I really like the flow. The lead singer's voice is so nice too x)

1. Heartbeat
2. A Little More Us
3. Tongue Tied
4. Me & You
5. Chemistry
6. Over It
7. Downtown
8. Back To The Future

Again, it is another pop rock album, like The Maine. Haha. Tongue Tied (not to be confused with Faber Drive's) is their first single of this album and it is really nice! I LOVE IT!
Oh, the best thing is that there is enough eye candy to go around for fans of this band cuz the members are all relatively cute! I mean, usually bands will have one or a couple of not-so-cute members but all of the members here are cute! x) Okay 'nuff spazzing! Moving on..
_______________________________________________

SHINee's new music video, Lucifer!


(I typed about this cuz Rachel asked me to :P)

Whatttt? Lucifer means devil, something to do with Satan lol. I don't think the song has anything to do with that though, does it?
But in Spanish, it means the light wth?!
Anyway, personally I think the video is kinda cool! I like it. But I don't understand why Taemin is wearing black when the others wear white. I like his red pants, though.
Okay don't even get me started on the hairstyles. Jonghyun's hair is the nicest in there in my opinion. Taemin's hair is damn chio. Onew's centre parting is ROFL but it is nice when it is pushed up. Minho's hair makes people depressed and Key's hair is actually quite cool to me :P

Basically I can't really comment anything cuz I don't understand Korean. ._.
Loverholic robotronic, loverholic robotronic. Lol whudd? Okay la like apparently many K-Pop songs have some weird English words to cater to those non-Korean speaking fans :P

Okay I think that's all la hahahhahaa.

SHIT TAEMIN IS SUPER CHIO. I think I should go cut my hair like that, but I can't pull it off la hahaha.
Imagine me going into a salon, and showing the hairdresser this pic, "Can you cut my hair like this guy?"
Like, whuddd?
BUT, SERIOUSLY HIS HAIR IS AWESOME. Haha he is like my unofficial favourite member.

Kthxbye!

No comments: