Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Still Not A Real Update

Just dropping in to share a couple of songs that I have been listening to for the past few days.

First up, Infinite's 'The Chaser'


A very different sound from their past singles and it is exactly like what leader Sungkyu said about the song fusing traditional and modern music. Quite obviously the 'traditional' parts will be the chord progression which sounds like a Pentatonic scale and the 'modern' is unmistakably all the synths and digital drums. I am not really digging the song as much as 'Paradise' or 'Be Mine' or any of their past singles, in fact. But as a loyal Inspirit, I'm trying my best to like it and I suppose it will grow on me soon.

One song that has caught my attention has got to be Dalmatian's latest single, E.R.


Trust me, I did not fall in love with the song from the all the shirtless-ness in the MV as seen from the video still (I'm serious). There's something about songs with a piano intro leading to a constant bass beat accompanied by a sick rap that keeps me hooked without getting sick of them ever (think Big Bang's 'Lies' and 'Haru Haru', AA's 'So Crazy', BTOB's 'Insane'). On a side note though, what's up with the 'tattoo' concepts nowadays? Stef and I both agreed that it felt like we were watching a few Taeyangs from 'Fantastic Baby'.


Back to Dalmatian, I wouldn't call myself a Dalmate (their official fanclub name) yet but they are really growing on me and their music is really different from those of other boy groups. All the songs in their State of Emergency mini album sound really mature and they really pull it off well - which is not much of a wonder since their oldest member, Inati, is 31 years old which is considered really old for K-Pop standards. No wonder their fanbase is pretty small - I guess fangirls still prefer 18-year-old boys jumping around on stage doing aegyo.

Anyway I'm gonna stop here because I have already typed more than I intended to and I am exhausted from working on graduation gifts.

Goodnight! And the next time I'm back here, I will be an official diploma holder! ^^

No comments: