Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Alive and Ready

Just woke up from my three-hour nap. I'm not one to take naps but this time you really can't blame me after my really long night where I only had two hours of sleep.

Went for TP Band's tune-in and it was pretty fun since what I basically did was slack with the other seniors/alumni. I spent half of the time dancing to 'Highlights from Grease' hahaha I love 'Summer Nights'! The only somewhat unpleasant thing about the night was when a freshie asked me if I was a freshie in a very condescending tone. Sheesh you just got off on the wrong foot with the ex-President!! But thanks for the compliment, I guess.



Oh! And I asked TP Band's conductor if I could join them for Singapore International Band Festival (SIBF) held in July and he readily agreed, even though there aren't enough instruments. I really loved how he said he'd settle the instruments and just invited all of us to play. Seriously, such a fatherly figure. :) Anyway, that's that, I've got something to look forward in July, I get to play my French horn with my awesome section, I'm a happy person!

Met up with my juniors after that to watch the not-so-exciting match between Manchester City and Manchester United. Wenhui met us for a little while at Bedok before we headed to a bar at Katong.

Glad to see you again after so long, Chia Wenhui! Even though it was just for a while.

Had a couple of drinks and some food at AdstraGold, the bar where we watched the match.

The Tequila Sunrise I ordered. Really sweet and refreshing, and not too strong - just the way I like it!

Vinnie's mojito. She only drank like 1/5th of it because she is such a lousy drinker and I helped her finish the drink. I fell in love with it instantaneously! I think mojitos are my favourite cocktail now! I think I should try some sojito in Seoul. (sojito: Korean mojito made with soju instead of the usual white rum)

Bratwurst Sausage. This was heavenly!

I was stoked for the match initially but it got pretty boring after a while. I don't need anymore reassurance on why I prefer Spanish football over English football. Hahaha.

After that, due to unforeseen circumstances, everyone ended up at my place for the rest of the night morning and I had to leave a note for my parents in case they woke up early only to find four extra pairs of shoes outside and four other people sprawled all around in my room. LOL.

At 7am I was on a Stickam chat with my @paulBLG and he answered two of my questions which were about tattoos and shoes. Hahaha.

Hehehe.

So after 2 measly hours of sleep I sent my juniors off after watching them eat roti prata and suffering from extreme hunger before going to Parkway Parade with my family to have brunch at Jack's Place. Bliss.

Chicken and steak combo. Because one slab of meat is not enough.

Went for a little shopping for stuff that I'm bringing to Seoul and dad kindly changed some SGD to KRW for me. Hahaha I'm a millionaire now! In terms of Won, of course.

Oh! And the Harry Potter exhibition is finally coming to Singapore and it is starting on 2nd June! I really can't wait to go for that - it's a huge part of my childhood after all! Details here.

And let me just end this post with this really addictive song from TaeTiSeo (I still hate the name), a sub-group from Girls' Generation, Twinkle!


Freaking gorgeous girls + catchy song + nice music video + powerful vocals + cameos from members of EXO-K = NOTHING HURTS!

Oh yeah, and happy May! :)

No comments: