Sunday, April 29, 2012

Beckoning of Spring


28th April 2012 marked the day of the first ever TP Alumni Band concert ever since its establishment in 2001. Of course, having been able to play for its debut was definitely an honour. It felt really gratifying to see people from different batches coming together to work hard for this milestone that took eleven years to accomplish.

Message of encouragement from mum in the morning! Reminding me to breathe before playing my solo. Haha! 



Photos with Nigel and chiobus during rehearsal

The repertoire was one of the best ones that I have ever played. I really enjoyed playing most of the pieces although 'Phantom of the Opera' and 'Persis Overture' spelt nothing but pressure. And I was especially nervous for the latter because of the French horn solo. And it absolutely didn't help that it felt really warm on the stage and I was perspiring like crazy. Gahh.


But I managed to play it well - maybe even better than I did during the practices and rehearsals. Thank you whoever is up there. I totally couldn't afford to screw up during my favourite piece.

In any case, I really had lots of fun for this concert, especially with my awesome French horn section! A big heart for the four of you. The concert would not have been the same without you guys!


With one of my best guy friends since Sec 1, Chin Kiat!

Find me!

My TK French horn juniors who came to support! This one was the fourth concert of mine they have attended and I can't thank them enough for coming down even though I feel so bad for asking them to come year after year :'|

My Vice-President/partner-in-crime, Jeyanthi!

A big thank you to the Poly bunch who came though even though I couldn't bring myself to ask them to. Haha!

With Maestro Wang!

Main band and alumni band horns! Without Jasmin though.

I really like this photo!

Gifts from those who came ^^

That's me with my horn. Hahaha.

It was a great experience performing with so many good players and being under the baton of the two conductors. I can't wait for the one next year, although that means that I have to worry about selling tickets again. But that's another story.

Till then, have a great weekend!

No comments: