Saturday, April 14, 2012

Making History

So this post is gonna be about SM's newest boy group - EXO.

EXO definitely caught my attention with their gazillion number of teasers released. By the tenth teaser I think many people were getting bored and irritated but as for me it really just made me look forward to their debut even more. When they finally debuted on April 8 - both EXO-K in Korea and EXO-M in China, I was really excited.

EXO-K's first stage was well...lip-synced, as with many other SM artistes but I knew they'd sing live soon so I waited. I didn't have to wait very long though - they showed their prowess earlier this evening during Music Bank!


It may not be perfect but it is sure darn good for a rookie group. And woah, Baekhyun (my bias in EXO-K, along with Kai) sure pulled off all those high notes flawlessly. What a beast.

Baekhyun. 

Kai the dancing machine.

On the other hand, compared to their group mates promoting in Korea, EXO-M has visibly less coverage and exposure. I feel kinda bad for them since they have been off to a rocky start in China so far, and they are still so reserved during interviews and all but I am sure they will break out of their shy selfs soon. And speaking of shy, somehow I find myself drawn to the two most reserved members of the lot - Tao and Chen. It is kinda weird considering how most of my biases aren't what you would call shy haha.

Chen. I liked him ever since last year's SM Orchestra Stage in SBS Gayo Daejun when he awed me with his crazy vocals.

And this is Tao, the maknae. He was the first member of EXO-M I was able to remember easily due to his sharp features and his stare that pierces right through you. He looks really intimidating but from all the interviews and showcases so far, he has shown that he is really the opposite from what he seems to be. 


I was intending to buy their mini albums actually but they only ended up having six tracks so I'm gonna wait for a full album. Sigh they have like at least fifteen songs already can't they just release a full album. Eeesh.

But anyway, these boys are destined for great things and they are gonna be big just like their SM seniors and I wish them all the best!

P.S. I really need to hear them sing What Is Love, Angel and Baby Don't Cry live. Still my favourite songs from them although History and MAMA are brilliant. Hurhur.


No comments: