Friday, June 1, 2012

Hello & Goodbye

So rookie boy group MYNAME just released their newest track, "Hello & Goodbye" after eight months! It is a really nice R&B dance ballad, which is a totally different genre from their debut single, "Message". I have been looking forward to their comeback so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the music video on my YouTube subscription feed.

The music video is a typical 'guy and girl fall in love with each other, there's someone who disapproves, girl gets captured, girl dies, guy is sad' story. Yup.


The male lead in the video is none other than the group's leader, Gunwoo! I'd commend him on his acting, but something else distracts me from that - his hair and his green eyebrows. On a side note, anyone else finds that he looks a little like Super Junior's Heechul from some angles with that hair?

Okay so now, a few things I found weird about the plot of the video:
Firstly, why did the old guy let the girl take Gunwoo away and later disapprove? What was their relationship exactly?
Second, why did Gunwoo have a gun and why was the gun in the car even shown when he was not gonna use it?
Thirdly, why did the old guy shoot the girl? I mean, if he was really jealous, she must have meant something to him, right? (oh by the way that was a awkward place to be shooting at - it must have hurt a lot)
Lastly, why did the older guy not kill Gunwoo when he had the chance? Instead he just shot him once in the back and left. I wouldn't believe anyone if they said that he was having mercy on Gunwoo because he did not even flinch when his men were shot dead!

The fight scene was convincing, just that the guy pointing a gun at Gunwoo is really lousy. Seriously, you have a gun - so why did you get owned by the person who was at your mercy?
Another thing that irks me is that the guys in the music video do not ever have a change in clothes. Too small a wardrobe I see.

Really loving the choreography of the song as well. The dance fits the song well and there is also a dance break in there which ends off with their signature b-boying! Nice handstand, boys!

So all in all, I love the song, choreography but not so much the music video. Oh, not to mention, the boys look really really good - except for Mr. Male Lead - his hair and green eyebrows have to go.

Looking forward to their comeback stage! Great to have you back, boys!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I really should start on my Seoul posts soon but I have just been so busy and lazy at the same time! And Keith just passed me Sims 3 and Civilization so... I'm guessing that'll have to wait. Gahh first world pains. Oh, and happy June! :)

No comments: