Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lost In Stereo


Had the craziest gig experience ever on the 6th of October.

Brian and I were not familiar with Wavehouse so when we were trying to find the queue we stumbled into the performance area where The Dirt Radicals were having their soundcheck. Decided to snap a few pics. We found out a while later that we were not supposed to be there. I seriously didn't know though, LOL no one stopped us when we were walking into the venue. Uh well.




During the 7 hours of queuing, I was really annoyed with the big group of fangirls behind me. Step scene kids, really. Even the Caucasian girls in front of us were visibly annoyed. It was quite interesting when they scolded this group of Malays who joined the queue at around 5pm. The embarrassment, really - a couple of them are from TK.

Went to find Nava and Mitch when they came! Eudora wasn't there because she forgot to bring her tickets and she was rushing home.

So at around 6.30pm, the doors opened and there was a mad rush for good spots and I managed to get to the first row! I chose the to be on the left side of the stage - where my favourite member, Jack, was going to be! Just in between the barricades and the stage was a small space for the security and media. But I was crazily close to the stage! Then, the worst happened - it started to rain. So we just stood in the rain for around 2 hours for the opening act to come on but everything was delayed by one hour, which obviously got everyone quite grouchy.

I was quite drenched by the time The Dirt Radicals got on stage but the crowd was revved up almost immediately! A little to revved up though - all the barricades except for the one I was behind fell. Fortunately I  was pulling back the barricade or I'd have fallen too! They had to stop the set for a little while and I got the freaking shock of my life when I saw a pair of legs sticking out from under the stage. It was one of the security guys in front and he lay there motionless while the annoying Mats were shouting at the opening band to get on with the show/get off the stage. What idiots really. But anyway, as I watched the other security guards attending to him I really felt like I didn't want a gig anymore. It was really traumatizing. I hope the guy's okay and recuperating well! :/

The organizers then decided to move the barricades against the stage so I ended up right in front of the stage. TDR then continued with their set with songs like 'Pack Your Bags' and 'Daddy's Disco Days'. Really catchy! And the drummer is crazily wicked!!



And of course, next up was the band that everyone was waiting for - All Time Low!!

When they came up on stage, it seemed so surreal! From anticipating the release of their albums and watching their performances on Straight to DVD via the screen of my laptop, All Time Low has always been a band that I admired and I swore that I would see them 'live' one day and there they were, right in front of me!
It was really amazing! And I can't recall how many times Jack looked at me with those big round eyes of his!








ATL got the crowd crazy immediately and I especially enjoyed 'Damned If I Do Ya', 'Time-Bomb', 'Forget About It' and 'Remembering Sunday'. I recall myself headbanging during 'Lost In Stereo' yeah I was lost in the music most definitely.
I was close to tears when Alex crooned out 'Therapy'. At that point of time, I really felt that my life was complete - I mean, I have already seen all my favourite artistes perform my favourite songs.

Was hoping for a pick from Jack but got a water bottle that he drank from instead.

Yeah it's on my table right now. Don't worry I washed it.

After the gig I managed to get a picture with The Dirt Radicals' drummer, Matt! Hahaha the name Matt always reminds me of Rachy.

Stinky but happy Michy.

And here are some nice shots I found on Tumblr:






Photos belong to their respective owners.

Thank you so much to Rachy's friend, Justine, for going to queue at 7am! We probably wouldn't have been able to be second in the queue and gotten right in front of the stage if not for you!

It was a great night. And the queuing was all worth it! Rian, Zack, Jack and Alex, thank you guys so much for finally coming down to Singapore! Though it would have been better if you guys came before your music hit the airwaves here. So many teeny boppers, omg. And the crowd was so bad. Still, All Time Low was amazing 'live' and I am so glad that I was finally able to watch them up-close! ♥

I'll just be suffering from withdrawal symptoms now. "Cause there's nothing surgery can't do" - I think All Time Low is wrong for once.

No comments: