Saturday, October 1, 2011

Paradise

Let's go back in time for a little bit to 23rd Sept! Yup, that was the first day of the Singapore Grand Prix 2011 and you guessed it, I only went for the performances put up by GD&TOP and Seungri. Heh.
We had to start queuing from the afternoon though, and the sun was relentless that day. We spent a few hours in the sweltering heat before we could go into Zone 4 of the race venue.


And as if we were not tired enough, we had to race with other fangirls to the Padang just so that we could be as close to the front as possible for the queue to go into the Fan Zone area. Got to tour around Zone 4 for a bit though and I'd say it was pretty interesting!


Haha F1 fangirl :D

Yes for a $38 ticket this is actually how close to the track you can get if you know where to go!

ALL THESE MCLAREN MERCH SHOULD BE MINE! :(





So at around 7pm they finally let us into the Fan Zone. But as expected, because of some inconsiderate fans who had total disregard for the queue (despite glares and protests from other fans), it became totally chaotic and what could have earned us a first class spot became the third/forth row from the extended stage. Screw you bitches!
Nevertheless I did have fun - despite having a sore arm after that from holding the DSLR up high above my head to snap some mediocre photos. Charice's powerhouse vocals awed me! Somehow I always had the impression that she was more of an acoustic kind of singer but I was definitely proven wrong when she started belting out songs in the pop and pop rock genre - including a Billie Jean segment which she showed us some of Michael's signature dance moves which needed a bit of polishing.




Her band's lead guitarist. He is cute. Yup :)

But of course what really got us crazy was none other than the trio from Big Bang! Their hour long segment started with a really cool DJ set with the DJ spinning hits from YG artistes, namely Big Bang and 2NE1. It definitely pumped up the crowd! But there was this woman beside me (obviously not there for this segment) who kind of started sniggering when all of the fans started singing in Korean. Hello woman I have no idea what you were laughing about - we did come for the K-Pop performance after all. Were you expecting us to sing along in English translation? Thankfully she left halfway or I think I'd have punched her. Haha nah I kid!

Anyway, Seungri took the stage first with VVIP, What Can I Do and Strong Baby! Poor maknae didn't know his fly was undone throughout the whole thing! Neither were the fans though because I believe that everyone was looking at his face and not...there. I wasn't by the way! I only noticed it when saw it on Twitter and when I reviewed my photos later on. He tried his best with his English though and he said something I wouldn't expect to hear from him: "Put your freaking hands up!" and that sent everyone into a frenzy.




And as expected what brought the crowd to an all time high was GD&TOP! They performed Knock Out, High High and Oh Yeah (without Park Bom unfortunately). GD's English was really cute actually but it wasn't very cute anymore when he shouted: "PUT YOUR MOTHERF*CKING HANDS UP!" Everyone just totally went hysterical which was really bad for me because it was already so difficult to take pictures at that time. But well I kind of just let everything go during High High to enjoy myself!



The three of them later appeared on stage together with How Gee! I swear when Seungri was standing in front of us he looked at me for a few seconds!! I think I kind of attracted a bit of attention because I was jumping and putting up the \m/ handsign which was a little inappropriate since that was K-Pop and not Rock but heck it, if it was worth that few seconds of eye contact it was definitely worth it!


We managed to catch them leaving in a car (not a van with tinted windows yay!) and they waved back to us! How nice of them really. And GD's fingers are really slender. Mine are short and stout although I play the piano. Sigh FML.
By the way, I really think Seungri's climbing up my Big Bang bias list hahaha. But Taeyang's still my No. 1! :)


__________________________________________________________________________

It was DBS Black Top Party two days later and this time we had Brenda and Xueyan as well! Five's a party, really! What added on to the atmosphere was that it was the last day of the Grand Prix and well being able to drink on the rooftop of Fullerton Bay Hotel while watching the coverage of F1 on a huge screen was a great way to end the weekend!
Pity that this was our last Black Top Party though! Most of the people who went had nothing but good words for the event. Props to the organising committee and of course to everyone else who helped out. Of course, thank you to Stef and her supervisor for the opportunity to take part in these Black Top Parties. I really enjoyed the experience. And the drinks, of course.






__________________________________________________________________________

And I have just ended my awesome September on a high note with the end of internship, and also Miss A's showcase!


The tickets are totally cool - they are made of actual card material. Thumbs up!

Despite an annoying cab driver, I really enjoyed myself. I had great company and was treated to performances by four talented and gorgeous girls. Suzy was really really pretty! I'm not even kidding! Even when she cried when everyone celebrated an early birthday for her she still looked flawless! Seriously, life is really unfair!




They had surprise solo stages - Min with a hip-hop dance stage, Suzy with a soothing ballad, and Jia and Fei with a sexy dance performance. I'm really glad I got to hear Good-bye Baby 'live' because to me, that is their strongest single yet! They were amazing and Max Pavilion's sound system did them no justice at all!
The games they played were fun to watch but honestly some of the participants were really... I can't find the right word. But woah if the pair of Ludacris Soul headphones was presented to me I'd be so happy! That's besides the point though!
The four ladies were really lively and Min's cuteness and craziness just got me smiling most of the time. Suzy was too adorable! She was a little reserved at the beginning but she slowly opened up but she still kind of 'amchio-ed' and that melted my heart so many times! Fei was the quietest as usual but her rendition of a cat drove the crowd crazy. Jia on the other hand was really outspoken and I loved how she 'lashed out' at a fan for expressing her love to Suzy when Jia was the one who picked her to come up on stage. LOL but honestly the girl should have given Jia some face!
Overall their personalities are so different but they complement each other so well! Miss A is one of the better K-Pop girl groups right now (at least to me) and although their fanbase in Singapore is still quite small, I believe that they will soar even higher! Miss A ν™”μ΄νŒ…!!

Fake Miss A, LOL.

__________________________________________________________________________

The end of September also marks the end of my 6-month long internship! Relieved that it is over but at the same time I can't bear to leave the place. After all, I enjoyed doing my K-Pop programmes and most of the people there were so friendly. Not to mention, they took care of me really well, just like I was a little baby. Not that I minded though! ^^

To all my colleagues who have taught me so much during the last 24 weeks, thank you so much for giving me a nice experience for my internship. I really appreciate it and yeah, I'll be seeing you guys again in 10 days' time when Jared and I go back for one week of free-lancing.
I'd like to thank Stef too for accompanying me everyday at work virtually (although sometimes you take ages to reply) - without you I'd be one bored Michy! And of course to everyone who has entertained me through the days which I did not have much to do.
And of course, a big thank you to my lunch buddy and fellow intern, Jared! Honestly I was not very sure if we'd get along since we come from different cliques and all but I realized that we are actually very similar in many ways - like how both of us are really lame and how we can talk about football. So yes I'm glad that I wasn't alone for internship. I BET YOU ARE TOUCHED RIGHT YAP JIE REN! But okay you'll probably never see this anyway so see you soon! Hokkien mee! \m/

All right this is the end of my crazily long blog post! Have a well-deserved break everyone! :)

No comments: