Sunday, July 29, 2012

Only One

BoA has always been an icon of K-Pop and now that she released her 7th Korean album a few days back, all the attention's back on her.

I only really got into K-Pop around 2 or 3 years ago so I was never a huge fan of her. Of course I have heard of her before - I just never got around to listening to her music. And I honestly wasn't impressed at Hurricane Venus and Copy & Paste. But I'm really loving her comeback this time!


It isn't her most vocally challenging song, but I'm really liking the very refreshing R&B feel to this. In this era where K-Pop is mostly about loud blaring instrumentals coupled with dubstep and heavy synths, this song feels like a breath of fresh air.

The live performances of this song absolutely deserve special mention here as well. The performances aired so far may be lip-synced or dubbed over but honestly we all know that she can sing, so honestly, who cares? I am really liking them so far... of course having Yunho and Taemin as her dance partners help too. Heh.


I'm Taemin biased but I'm liking the performance with Yunho better because it feels more mature. I guess it does help that Yunho is more manly compared to his dongsaeng. I wonder which other SM dance machines she is gonna collaborate with next. I'm hoping that EXO's Kai appears somehow. Hehe.

No comments: