Saturday, July 21, 2012

Take a Breath, Move Along

Currently still really bloated from my Carls Jr dinner.

Anyway, it's been about 9 hours since I was on stage with TP Band playing our pieces for the Singapore International Band Festival but everything's still really fresh in my mind.

This time though, I didn't feel nervous on stage at all. Gotta attribute it to the fact that I did not have any solos or stuff like that so.. no pressure. I had fun. Heh.

So, how do I feel about getting Bronze?
Hmm, it's no biggie, to be honest. It's a little disappointing, though, not gonna lie. But cliche as it sounds though, it is the process that really mattered. Through practicing the three extremely different pieces - King Karl King, Armenian Dances Part I, and The Seal Lullaby, I'm sure that everyone has become better musicians, myself included.

Moreover, I was kinda prepared for the result already (I'm not pessimistic, I'm being realistic) since this time consisted of the biggest screw-up made in any band I have participated in a competition. But I ain't talking about that. 

Anyway, I had a great time on stage and playing with the awesome French hornists. And the band. And our conductor, Mr Tan, who has been very patient with us all the way. I sincerely hope that he doesn't feel so bad about it anymore.

French horns with Mr Tan!

Chinky! I feel like I've known him for forever. Hahaha good luck in Tekong bro! :)

Full band photo! Aww!

This blog post seems quite incoherent and the sentences are kinda choppy but forgive me for that I'm just too exhausted to think properly right now. Haha. Band is fulfilling, but very, very tiring.

Good night!

P.S. I still don't know if I wanna join an outside band. I mean I still want to perform for concerts and join competitions but commitment is another thing and I am not gonna lie, I am extremely lazy when it comes to self-practice. And I need an instrument. Gahh.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Kudos to you for today! :) I'm sure you did a great job and it's the essence of performing that matters, I'm sure we both know that.