Sunday, July 15, 2012

Whatever Weather

I know the last couple of posts have been about Boys Like Girls but please bear with me for this post, and the next.

So today was just.. for lack of better word, awesome. And mind you, it was not just because I finally got the chance to meet my all-time favourite band, Boys Like Girls, up close. Although it was definitely the highlight of the day.

Albeit the nerve-wrecking morning and me stressing over their flight arrival from KL, Boys Like Girls did eventually appear to the delight of the 15-odd fans waiting for them. Absolutely no one screamed at all and it was so calm and relaxed. Seriously I love the BLG fandom here. Hahaha!

Paul came out first and being his biggest fan in the entire world, I came in front of him first and greeted him (Stef said I was being shy HAHA) and he looked right back at me and asked how I was doing and remarked, "Nice shirt". Of course, Paul, of course you'd call a tee from your clothing line 'nice'. Cue a little small talk and getting him to sign my albums, we talked a little about the Be Your Everything lyric video and the laser tag game that they played in KL the day before. It was so hard to think straight though. He had this permanent smile plastered to his face while I was just standing there craning my neck up trying really hard not to stammer. Gonna stop here abruptly because I could go on and on. Lol.

He is so tall! Either that or I'm really short. Or both.

Anyway, we approached John next and he signed my albums as well, which he passed to Martin. After Martin finished signing, I took my albums back but he continued staring at me with those beautiful blue eyes of his and I was confused for a moment until I realised he was still holding on to my marker cap. How embarrassing LOL. I didn't talk to him much though because I thought he looked really tired and because he intimidated me a little. He was just so... cool. Haha.

He must have had to bend down a lot. I like his star tattoo a lot by the way!

We went to find John yet again to take pictures. After Stef helped me with that, John asked if he could see the picture and he had to approve it. Haha what a funny little (literally) man he is.

For once I felt tall standing next to a band guy LOL.

Last but not least was Morgan, who officially joined the band a couple of months ago. He was absolutely loving the attention showered on him by the fans. I greeted him and he asked for my name which he then greeted me by. I'd have talked to him a little more if they didn't have to leave.

Doesn't he look a little like Robert Downey Jr??

Didn't get Morgan to sign them since I felt that he might feel weird because he wasn't even in the albums!

Yeah I know one whole paragraph for Paul and a couple of lines for the rest hahaha I'm biased like that! Looking forward to their set at the STAR Concert!!

We then rushed off to meet the Poly bunch for lunch at Ah Loy Thai at Shaw Tower. The food was really awesome although we ordered a little too much. We also celebrated an early 20th for Deanna!

Really happy with her presents apparently! 

 With Rach and Keith!


After that, all of us except Jon, Eden and Deanna went to Daiso and wrecked havoc. Hahaha seriously that place is really like a playground for us.

Met my parents and my uncle's family for dinner at Kallang Leisurepark's Thai Village and damn that was one of the best dinners I have had in a while (although I was quite distraught at first because I thought that I was going to eat Thai food again but thankfully, despite the name of the restaurant, it was nothing like a typical Thai restaurant). The restaurant's signature dish was Claypot Shark's Fin and that was exactly what each of us had.


Oh god I was in heaven for around 30 mins while eating this. Definitely the best shark's fin soup I have had - and the portion was... woah! I reckon that the price is pretty steep though. But seriously this is some solid soup with big portions of meat. Ahh I'm already getting hungry just thinking about it! The side dishes that were ordered were freaking delicious as well oh my someone bring me back here again please!

Hahahaha I seem to be spazzing more about the food than about BLG! How typical.

Long day ahead, I'd better crash now. Good night! x

No comments: