Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Phone Call From Jedward

So earlier this evening, I got a phone call from Irish pop duo, Jedward, thanks to Bryan, who was covering the #913FoodTrail! You may know them as the twins from 2009's The X Factor.


They are known for their enthusiastic performances on stage and it appears that it is no different from their off-stage persona. Their interaction with the Singaporean fans has been more than sincere and amazing!

Anyway, it was so unreal talking to them on the phone. The slightly-under-five-minutes call was basically them talking almost the whole way and me just being stunned and sounding like an idiot. I recorded the call but I am obviously not going to post it anywhere for everyone's sanity.

Their accents were really really thick and I could not understand half of the things they said so I really hope that they did not blame me for my very unsure responses. Anyway, here's what I managed to make out:

Edward was first on the line and he greeted me really cheerily, "Hi Michelle this is Edward from Jedward!" and I just went like "oh my god hi Edward" and "welcome to Singapore", you know, the typical kind of things you'd say to an artiste. Then he immediately started talking about how he loved the food in Singapore, how they weren't oily (what?), and the rest.. I couldn't understand. He really went on and on by the way, like a machine gun. Haha. We then talked a little about their time in Singapore so far, and how long they were going to stay, and the autograph session.

He then asked John to say hi to me and he greeted me with the same level of enthusiasm as Edward did. And he suddenly started singing, "Wow. Fantastic Baby! Dance! Woo-ooh!" I was definitely surprised by that. Breaking out into a Big Bang song was something I would not have expected them to do (I found out from Bryan later on that they were already singing it before they called me, and that they grabbed a copy of Teenage, which had Big Bang on the cover).

He then asked me where I was (I replied that I was in school) and why I was still in school at 6pm. I told them about band practice and that I was a French hornist and John (I think?) went, "Cool, that's really cool, I mean like really really cool, cool." Lol something like that. We then talked about their single, Young Love, before he went like, "we really need to see you, Michelle." LOL yeah I know it's fan service, but it sure made me feel warm inside.

They had to go after that and so that concluded my phone call with Jedward. It was short, but great. Unfortunately, I'm the kind of person who isn't able to hold conversations on the phone so there were a few awkward silences here and there but Jedward always managed to break it. They showed that they loved their fans, and that they are still down-to-earth young boys despite their platinum albums. They will be in Singapore till Thursday, and I do actually hope to catch them.

Till then, I'll just continue grooving out to my favourite song from them - Young Love. Do check it out if you haven't!

No comments: